Saturday, April 9, 2011

papaw wants to know what a tramp stamp is

since there are only 5 people reading this blog and papaw is one of them, i have to start by explaining that a tramp stamp is a lower-back tattoo. mine happens to be of a crescent moon with a shooting star. is it symbolic of something? yes. it symbolizes the stupidity of a 21 year old. at the time i got it, tramp stamps were awesome. like all fads, it is now something to make fun of. think: fanny packs, dickies, ecstasy, the macarena and roller-blading. i am not ashamed of my tramp stamp; like all the aforementioned, it still amuses me. how do dickies still amuse me? one of my all-time favorite stories to tell is of the time the waitress at frichs took so long to bring us napkins that my uncle tony whipped out his dickie to wipe his mouth off. (the humor of saying "whipped out his dickie" was not lost on me.) why have i started a blog? more than one person suggested i do so. i find blogs to be incredibly narcissistic, but i'm here doing one. now that i have a kid i barely have time to brush my teeth, but somehow i think i'm going to find time to blog.

3 comments:

  1. Love the name of you blog, Lars. Really funny stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, paul! i hope i can amuse you as much as i amuse myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have since we were six. I gotz faith in you!

    ReplyDelete